What a wonderfufl pregnancy I had - couldn't complain. No morning sickness, no odd-ball cravings, no medical problems (thank God). Around my 34 week mark, I started going in for weekly routine internal check-ups. After my first internal, I was sent for an u/s to measure baby since I was measuring very small (about 1 mo behind) and Dr. Reedy just wanted to make sure all was well with L.
It was now Wednesday, April 8th (EDD of April 25th). Two visits later there I was back in the office for my regular routine check-up - Jim was at work and a friend of his was at our house installing ceiling fans and rewiring outlets - and of course, I was there alone. Zero dialation - Zero percent effaced, L was not budging. However, Dr. had other plans.
"How do you feel about having this baby before Easter?" ...huhh?? Well, due to the fact that she was in the lower 10th percentile and basically L or I did not grow in one month - he figured it was best to get her out of there and not wait it out incase there was a problem (not receiving the nutrients properly through the umbilical cord) So, of course I complied. On the phone he went to call the hospital for an induction- getting there was priority, not emergency. "You should have your little girl by tomorrow morning."
I was shaking. TODAY!? Nothing was ready - not my bags, not my house, not L's nursery! At the time all of theses things were giving my over-planning self an anxiety attack.
So, I wasnt even in the elevator and I called Jimmy - "DONT FREAK OUT UNTIL YOU HEAR THE WHOLE STORY. But, I have to go to the hospital."
"OH MY GOD! (yells to co-worker) I HAVE TO LEAVE NOW! ERIKA HAS TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL.
.............oh boy.
Needless to say, he wound up leaving soon after. We came home and both showered, ate, packed our bags and I (of course) cleaned up my house a little bit since I knew I would be gone for a while. I called my family and let them know what was happening - everyone was so excited! We ouldn't wait to meet our little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment